EFAD contributed to the European Commission public consulation on Digital for Cultural Heritage.
In its contribution, EFAD insisted on the need to integrate Film Heritage into the EU digital heritage policy and strengthen the European support to Film Heritage, for example:
- Within the MEDIA programme, by having a specific scheme or ensuring a better integration of film heritage into the other ones, funding digitization and exploitation projects that will give greater access to collections;
- Contributing to the setting up of film heritage facilities (preservation infrastructures), digitization and legal deposit (digital or on photochemical support) via structural and regional funds and the EU recovery instruments;
- Supporting research projects about the best ways to preserve films digitally or on photochemical support as well as developing European training possibilities;
- Offering practical guidance about how the new copyright directive can facilitate film heritage national activities, using the cultural heritage exception and out-of-commerce works provisions;
- Making sure that online access is combined with physical activities and efficient promotion, visibility and editorialisation of heritage films in order to reach the greater audience.
Read the the full EFAD contribution here