The 12 EFAD Board members (2023-2026)
During the General Assembly meeting organized in San Sebastian on 25 September 2023, EFAD members elected the new Board of the association.
The following 12 members were elected for a 3-year mandate:
- Nicola Borrelli, Director General of Ministry of Culture Directorate for Cinema, Italy
- Nataša Bučar, Managing Director of the Slovenian Film Centre, Slovenia
- Ignasi Camós, Director General of the Institute of Cinematography and Audiovisual Arts, Spain
- Luis Chaby Vaz, President of the Institute of Cinema and Audiovisual, Portugal
- Peter Dinges, CEO of the German Federal Film Board, Germany
- Olivier Henrard, Director General of National Centre for Cinema and the Moving Image, France
- Athena Kartalou-Aduku, Managing Director of the Greek Film Centre, Greece
- Christopher Peter Marcich, CEO of Croatian Audiovisual Center, Croatia
- Kjersti Mo, CEO of the Norwegian Film Institute, Norway
- Edith Sepp, CEO of the Estonian Film Institute, Estonia
- Roland Teichmann, CEO of Austrian Film Institute, Austria
- Koen Van Bockstal, CEO of the Flanders Audiovisual Fund, Belgium (Dutch Speaking)
The Board is the executive body of the association, composed of high representatives of national film and audiovisual centres. Its members are elected amongst EFAD full members, i.e. coming from EU/EEA countries. The Board members will elect the EFAD President and Vice-President in Brussels in December.
Other points discussed
The General Assembly was the occasion to discuss common challenges and EU matters, such as the European Media Freedom Act, the promotion and distribution of European works online, the implementation of the AVMS Directive, Creative Europe -Media and the impact of artificial intelligence on the audiovisual sector. Members shared also the latest developments at national level as well as updates on their joint initiatives: the European Solidarity Fund for Ukrainian Films and New Dawn.
The next General Assembly meeting will take place during the Berlin International Film Festival.
EFAD (European Film Agency Directors association) is the voice of national European Film Agencies, bringing together national film and audiovisual centres from European countries. EFAD membership covers the European Union countries as well as Bosnia and Herzegovina, Iceland, Norway, the Republic of North Macedonia, Montenegro, Serbia, Switzerland, Ukraine and the United Kingdom.
Having functioned over the years as informal network, EFAD was formally established in 2014 as an international non-profit Association (aisbl) based in Brussels. The association is lead by a General Secretariat, hosted and administratively managed by the Cinema and Audiovisual Centre of the Wallonia-Brussels Federation.
Pictures © Iñigo Ibáñez