The EFAD Sustainability Working Group was initiated in February 2020 with the objective to exchange best practices and information on sustainable initiatives launched by national film funds and other partners from the public and private sectors.
It is chaired by Tim Wagendorp, sustainability coordinator at the Flanders Audiovisual Fund (VAF).
Its objectives are:
- Driving the shift towards reaching the 17 Sustainable Development Goals in the screen industries of each of the EFAD members;
- Exchanging about best practices on sustainability, collecting and updating them regularly, in close cooperation European organisations (Cine-Regio, EFARN);
- Collaborating on shared toolkits and frameworks to increase sustainable practice and offer useful resources to members and broader industry;
- Focusing on interventions to increase sustainability throughout the life cycle/value chain of film, from script & development through to exhibition, online distribution and audience engagement, and linking to education and research;
- Preparing common recommendations to the EU institutions and other relevant organisations.
European & International
- Green Screen website (Interreg funded project)
- CineRegio Green reports
- Green Film, Rating system for sustainable film production
- EUFCN Green Filming page with green protocols and best practices developed and adopted by film commissions
- Facebook group Agora for sustainable Filming