EFAD-CAACI co-development grant was awarded on 25 September 2019 in San Sebastian to "Daughter of Rage" (La hija de todas las rabias), by Director Laura Baumeister. It will be the first fiction directed by a Nicaraguan woman. The film will be a coproduction between Nicaragua, Mexico, Netherlands (producing company: Halal), Germany (producing company: Heimatfilm) and France (producing company:Promenades films).
The jury was composed of:
- Mr Alfredo Calvino – Sales Agent, Habanero Films, Brazil (San Sebastian Festival representative).
- Mr Julián David Correa. Ministerio de Cultura de Colombia (CAACI representative)
- Ms Julie-Jeanne Régnault, EFADs Secretary General
The jury was impressed by the quality of the 16 projects presented this year. It decided to support a new voice and a strong organic euro-latino coproduction involving different European partners. The project also won the Arte Kino Prize and received the Coproduction Forum Prize as well (each jury worked independently).
This joint co-development grant is one of the concrete actions developed in the framework of the structured partnership launched by EFAD and CAACI in 2016. It is distributed in the framework of the San Sebastian International Film Festival. Previously, it was awarded:
- in 2016 to Los Días Según Ellos, a project from Argentina directed by Juan Pablo Félix and produced by Utópica Cine, in coproduction with Spain and France);
- in 2017 to El Agente Topo (The Mole Agent), a project from Chile produced by Marcela Santibañez from Micromundo Producciones in coproduction with France and the USA).
- in 2018 to La Llorona, a project from Guatemala, directed by Jayro Bustamante