The Spanish Film Institute (ICAA) is an autonomous body overseen by the Ministry of Culture and Sports, responsible for planning and developing policies for supporting the film industry and the audiovisual arts production in Spain. Its objectives are, inter alia:
- To develop creation, increase production and favour the distribution of Spanish productions.
- To reach an acceptable share of the domestic market in order to maintain the whole of the Spanish film industry.
- To improve skill levels in companies and encourage the use of new technologies.
- To promote the presence of Spanish cinematography and audiovisual arts abroad Spain.
- To safeguard and disseminate Spanish film heritage.
- To encourage cultural communication among the Autonomous Communities in the area of film and audiovisual arts.