EFAD collection of film funds initiatives
- EFAD chart (version of April 2019)
- Presentation in the social dialogue committee for the audiovisual sector (11 October 2019)
- Key Trends of the European Audiovisual Observatory including a mapping of film funds gender balance initiatives (page 16)
- Non paper "Towards a more gender friendly MEDIA programme" prepared with EWA (8 April 2020)
Voices of Culture (VoC)- Gender Equality: Gender Balance in the Cultural and Creative Sectors
Other reports and documents
The report contains the latest gender statistics covering the period 2003-2017. Main findings:
- Female directors represent 21% of all directors of European films produced between 2003 and 2017.
- Women tend to direct fewer feature films compared to their male counterparts: 49% of all women directors included in our sample only directed one single feature since 2003.
- Overall, only 17% of European feature films were directed by women between 2003 and 2017.
- The share of films by female directors in Europe is growing slowly, reaching 19% in 2017
- The prevalence of female directors is higher in documentary than in fiction and animation.