Since 2017, the EFAD have a set up a working group dedicated to the exchange of information and best practices in the area of gender balance and inclusion.
It is chaired by Anna Serner, CEO of the Swedish Film Institute who has been leading on the campaign 50/50 by 2020.
Over the last years, film funds have launched a wide range of initiatives to promote better gender balance and inclusion. These initiatives include:
o Regular gender data collection and reporting;
o Parity in selection committees, festivals and awareness about gender bias;
o Adjustments of film support schemes: gender bonus, additional points or new eligibility or award criteria, larger amount of aid distributed, use of the Beschdel test…;
o Specific schemes to support women projects;
o Support to national and European associations for gender equality.
- Report on Gender Balance in the Cultural and Creative Sectors, Voices of Culture (February 2020)
- Women on the move (European Commission overview of good practices, May 2019)
- Examples of Film Funds initiatives in the 2019 Key Trends of the European Audiovisual Observatory (page 16)
- The Money Issue – Gender Equality Report (Swedish Film Institute, 2018)
- Looking back and moving forward - Gender Equality Report (Swedish Film Institute, 2017)
News & Publications about Gender